Top questions professional photographers loved to get asked! This time of year I get asked a LOT about pricing, costs involved and why do the prices vary so much between photographers? “You ask….Are photographers not all created equal?” So I had thought I’d help out my potential clients:
Questions to ask about the session:
· How will you make this whole process easier for me (as the mom/dad)? 15 years of experience in the industry helps me, help You! I have seen it and done it all it seems! And… kind of have the routine down having had 2 daughters graduate.
· Do I get to choose the locations I want or does everyone go to the same locations? You choose, I listen and help. If you don’t have ideas for locations, I have a lot in my back pocket that is great to use. I try really hard not to duplicate locations so you do not have the same images as all your friends, you are unique AND so should your images be!
· How many locations can I choose for my session? Depends on the session you choose… you get to choose from one location up to unlimited locations!
· What kind of clothing do I wear to my session? We will go over that during your consultation, I will help you choose what photographs best and may look best on you. A variety of clothing is always GOOD!
· How do I change clothes when on location? I have a portable changing room for you! It’s a quick and easy fix to that awkward, hide behind the tree changing option.
Questions on pricing:
· What fees do you have? PTP has a session fee and package pricing for your images, they are separate charges.
· Do you offer prints, CD’s, or packages? YES I offer all of the above; we believe in ART on your walls and understand the digital age.
· Do I have to buy a big package or do you offer A la Carte? We offer multiple choices of ordering, with collections being structured to give you the most savings.
· Is there additional retouching fee’s to remove blemishes or acne? No, unless you need a change to the structure of the image, basic retouching is included on all images! We also know how to create in camera beauty to make you look and feel the best you can.
· How long does the process take start to finish? From the session time to finished images about 6-8 weeks depending on what you order. We do submit all yearbook images, so don’t worry that will be on time!
· Do you offer payment plans? Do you Accept Credit Cards? YES and YES, it’s all a part of being a business owner to help service my clients.
· Do you have client referral program? YES, an amazing one at that, just ask us or our clients!
Questions for the photographer you may not think to ask:
· Do you have an office where we meet, or a studio, either or both? Yes, we have a home office/studio that was built specifically for this purpose. It’s nice and cool in the summer heat too!
· How long have you been in business? 15 years in my community.
· Do you have testimonials from clients I can read? YES, on the website, check it out. https://www.ptpnancy.com/main.php#!/info/ptp-nancy/rave-reviews
· Are you practicing photography legally? (And this means: Do you have a Business license, are you a registered business with the state you work in, do you have business insurance, and necessary permits? Yes, Yes, Yes, and YES. Be sure and ask this question. Sadly and surprisingly the non-legal photographers outnumber those of us running legal businesses.
· Are you a part time or full time photographer? I have run a FULL TIME portrait photography business for 15 years = Experience and knowledge.
· Do you belong to professional organizations? Professional Photographers of America, Professional Photographers of Oregon, and West Linn Chamber of Commerce.
· How and why are they important and how do these enhance your job? All enhance my business and ART. I attend conferences with amazing CREATIVES to learn new posing styles, technology, and product lines. Being part of a community and industry that is in constant change is of vital importance to help keep the integrity and professionalism of the photographic community. I also believe strongly in giving back to the community with donations, a portrait scholarship, and I also give with my time and talent often to some great nonprofit organizations. Check it out: https://www.ptpnancy.com/main.php#!/info/ptp-nancy/ptp-volunteering
· Do you study continuing education in photography? YES, I attend multiple conferences a year with outstanding speakers and the best in the industry. I have since I began in business, learning from the best in the industry to improve all aspects of business, life, and work. I have found amazing friends in the photography community that span the globe through learning our craft.
· What advice do you give your potential clients on choosing a photographer: You gotta like their style, but you gotta love them. Believe in what they do to create unique images. Running a business in a creative market is challenging, unique, special, and wonderful. You have to like them as a person; you spend a lot of time with them. I feel as my clients are my extended family. I appreciate and love each and every one of them for me to allow the opportunity to capture what makes them special. It’s very much a personal experience I am privileged to be a part of.
Most importantly, each photographers Art is their own, there is no price on education, skill, knowledge, & especially creative vision.
Smile… and have a Happy Day.